Entries are now being accepted for Irish Whiskey Awards 2021
The 2021 Irish Whiskey Awards will take place at the Powerscourt Distillery, Co. Wicklow on Thursday 14th October.
Entries are now being accepted for this year’s Irish Whiskey Awards, which will take place at the Powerscourt Distillery, Co. Wicklow on Thursday 14th October, Covid-19 permitting.
The awards, which are now in their eighth year, will include twelve categories. The whiskey with the highest overall score will become Irish Whiskey of the Year. Unfortunately, entries and judging of the white spirits, liqueurs, beer and bar categories will not go ahead this year due to a lack of resources and Covid-19 current restrictions but will look to resume in 2022.
The categories are as follows:
- Irish Single Pot Still Whiskey (11 Years & Younger, including Non-Age Statement)
- Irish Single Pot Still Whiskey (12 Years & Older)
- Irish Single Malt Whiskey (11 Years & Younger, including Non-Age Statement)
- Irish Single Malt Whiskey (12 – 15 Years)
- Irish Single Malt Whiskey (16 Years & Older)
- Irish Blended Whiskey (Non-Age Statement)
- Irish Blended Whiskey (Age Statement)
- Irish Blended Whiskey (Limited Release)
- Irish Single Cask Whiskey
- Irish Cask Strength Whiskey
- Irish Grain Whiskey
- NEW Irish Whiskey (only distilleries open 3-6 years can enter and it must be distilled on-site)
“We were very disappointed to cancel last year’s event due to Covid-19. Although, it is still unclear what restrictions will be in place for later this year, we wanted to recognise the emerging and established producers in the industry and raise much needed funds for our charity partner, Mary’s Meals.”
Return to read more Irish Whiskey News
Irish Whiskey Magazine is the worlds only publication dedicated to sharing authentic insights into the exciting world of Irish whiskey.
Why not subscribe to our Digital Subscription and get access to our whole digital back catalogue or sign up for our Print Subscription and get 4 issues shipped directly to your door.