Celebrate World Whiskey Day with an Irish Whiskey Cocktail
To celebrate World Whiskey Day, May 15th, Drinks Ireland|Irish Whiskey is encouraging consumers to mix it up at home by crafting their own Irish whiskey cocktail.
Ahead of World Whiskey Day, William Lavelle, Head of Drinks Ireland|Irish Whiskey said:
“For many decades, Irish whiskey has captured the love of cocktail drinkers worldwide as the essential ingredient in the world-famous Irish Coffee, but now, Irish whiskey cocktails of all styles are on the rise, aided by the increase in home-mixing during lockdown. Over recent weeks, as part of our ongoing #DiscoverIrishWhiskey campaign, we have been promoting Irish whiskey cocktails and encouraging home-mixologists to craft their own Irish whiskey cocktails. Online and through social media we have shared easy-to-make recipes for 10 of the classiest Irish whiskey cocktails, and we want more people to discover the diversity of Irish whiskey.
William Lavelle, Head of Drinks Ireland|Irish Whiskey continues:
“As we enter summer, we expect the interest in Irish whiskey cocktails to keep growing. As bar and restaurants reopen, we will be working with the Irish on-trade to promote Irish whiskey cocktails as the must-have on your bar menu for the roaring 20s. For now, we look forward to celebrating World Whiskey Day with a home-made Irish whiskey cocktail.”
Watch a guide to making an Irish Whiskey Cocktail by Mark McLaughlin:
The cocktail recipes featured in the #DiscoverIrishWhiskey campaign were put together and made by mixologist Mark McLaughlin.
“Cocktails demonstrate the versatility of Irish whiskey; its complex flavours and overall balance make it perfect for mixing.”
The Irish whiskey industry has a range of activities and promotions planned on World Whiskey Day and in the days leading up to it. Some of the events and initiatives include:
- Drinks Ireland|Irish Whiskey will host a series of events in Canada to promote Irish Whiskey brands from across the island of Ireland in partnership with the Irish Ambassador H.E. Eamonn McKee and the British High Commissioner H.E. Susan Jane le Jeune d’Allegeershecque.
- Ireland’s Embassy Network will host an online event to promote the Depth and Diversity of Irish Whiskey across Latin America, in support of the #DiscoverIrishWhiskey campaign. The webinar will be delivered in English, Spanish and Portuguese and will be addressed by the Irish Ambassador to Mexico H.E. Maeve Von Heynitz and by the Chairman of Drinks Ireland|Irish Whiskey, John Quinn.
- Tourism Ireland is promoting the message “It’s got to be Irish whiskey for World Whiskey Day” in global media activity this week.
- Jameson Irish Whiskey is debunking some whiskey myths with their #HoweverYouJameson social media campaign in the lead up to World Whiskey Day this year. On the day itself, they will take fans behind the scenes to meet Master Distiller Kevin O’Gorman to find out his advice for first time whiskey drinkers. You can join in by picking up a Jameson family mini pack and participating in a complimentary virtual whiskey tasting here.
- Dingle Distillery will launch their new Single Malt Whiskey on Thursday, 13th May just in time for World Whiskey Day. The new Single Malt is matured in PX Sherry (61 per cent) and Bourbon (39 per cent) first fill casks and comprising predominantly six to seven-year-old spirit.
- Teeling Whiskey Company will host a Facebook Live event at 5pm on Saturday to toast World Whiskey Day. Jack and Stephen Teeling will broadcast live from the Teeling Distillery in Dublin and toast a glass of one of their favourites, the Teeling Renaissance Series 3.
Return to read more Irish Whiskey News
Irish Whiskey Magazine is the worlds only publication dedicated to sharing authentic insights into the exciting world of Irish whiskey.