Rademon Estate Distillery release Shortcross Rye and Malt Cask Strength
Building on the successful of their Rye and Malt release earlier this, Rademon Estate Distillery have given that release the Cask strength treatment with a Limited Edition at cask strength of 66% ABV.
Available today from their website here and other select retail partners next week.
- Shortcross Cask Strength Rye & Malt Irish whiskey has been proudly distilled, matured and bottled at Rademon Estate Distillery in County Down.
- Double distilled for depth of flavour, on copper pot stills, including one of the smallest whiskey stills on the island of Ireland.
- This carefully crafted Irish whiskey has been created with a unique mash bill of 100% Irish malted rye and malted barley.
- Aged in a unique combination of virgin chinkapin oak and ex-bourbon barrels.
(This Cask Strength release utilizes a greater proportion of chinkapin oak
highlighting the rich flavours of dark fudge and spice in the whiskey.)
- Non-chill filtered, all natural colour.
- Bottled at Cask Strength – 66% ABV.
Official Tasting Notes
Demarera coated almonds. Intensely Sweet with menthol notes coming across.
Again there is a rich and intense sweetness, maple syrup becomes deep dark fudge
alongside an almond nuttiness.
Soft spice, the luscious mouthfeel reveals layers of dried fruit with a long finish.
Irish Whiskey Magazine is the worlds only publication dedicated to sharing authentic insights into the exciting world of Irish whiskey. Why not subscribe to our Digital Subscription and get access to our whole digital back catalogue or sign up for our Print Subscription and get 4 issues shipped directly to your door.