With Irish whiskey currently riding high as one of the fastest growing spirits categories globally, the award-winning Dublin Liberties Distillery is giving consumers the chance to get in on the action with a very special offer – the chance to purchase a rare whiskey cask, containing some of the finest quality, single malt Irish whiskey worth €5,000, for almost half the price.
Whiskey cask ownership might seem like a distant dream for many, but thanks to The Dublin Liberties Distillery, it’s more achievable than you might think. To make it as accessible as possible, the distillery team is offering 30 of the first casks produced at their state-of-the-art distillery in the heart of Dublin’s Liberties – the historic home of Irish Whiskey – at a special price of €3,000, available to purchase individually, or as part of syndicate, with family, friends or business partners to people in Ireland and the UK.
The special offer is provided to celebrate the launch of the Dublin Liberties Distillery Founders Cask Programme. The programme gives you the opportunity to lay down your own stock of The Dublin Liberties Single Malt whiskey and to witness its development from new make spirit, distilled at the central Dublin distillery in copper stills, to full maturity. Each cask is filled with 200 litres of new make spirit and will produce around 280 bottles of Single Malt Irish whiskey.
What’s on offer?
The Dublin Liberties Distillery Founder’s Cask Programme offers:
- An approx. 200 litre first fill ex-bourbon barrel filled with new make spirit from the first ever distillations on site at the Dublin Liberties Distillery.
- Individually stencilled, numbered casks with your details which can be retained plus a registered certificate of ownership specifying the cask fill number, distillation date, strength and capacity expressed in litres of pure alcohol (LPA).
- Ten years of warehousing and insurance included in the purchase price – with the opportunity to further extend the maturation period on an annual basis, or experiment with alternative cask finishes at an additional cost.
- Access to Master Distiller Darryl McNally annually to discuss the maturation process, options for your whiskey, current developments at the distillery and with our portfolio as well as the first opportunity to participate in any future cask sale programmes.
- Annual sampling opportunity at our warehousing site to monitor the development of your whiskey
Darryl McNally, Master Distiller at The Dublin Liberties Distillery comments;
“Making whiskey is my passion, my lifeblood, and to be doing it in the heart of Dublin’s historic distilling district is nothing short of a dream come true for me. We’re thrilled to be inviting whiskey fans, old and new, to join us on our journey with the Founders Cask Programme and I’m personally looking forward to meeting everyone down at the distillery when life returns to normal.”
About the Dublin Liberties Distillery
Boasting a state-of-the-art distilling facility, the home of the Dublin Liberties and the Dubliner Irish Whiskey brands has become a hub for experts and novices alike to indulge their interest in Ireland’s favourite spirit. Production of the Dublin Liberties Distillery’s whiskey portfolio has been running since last year under the supervision of renowned Master Distiller, Darryl McNally.
The Dublin Liberties distillery boasts two tonne mashing, triple distillation, and the capacity to produce over 700,000 litres of pure alcohol annually. All malt is sourced from Irish farmers and all water is drawn from the distillery’s own well. The yeast is a specified strain, and while the processes of fermentation and distillation take longer than most, the Master Distiller believes that this produces an unparalleled spirit, perfect for making whiskey. The Liberties whiskey is aged in a variety of casks which creates bespoke finishes for the different whiskey variants.
For more information about the Dublin Liberties Distillery and to view their full range of products please visit https://thedld.com. For more information about the Founders Cask Programme, visit https://thedld.com/the-founders-cask-programme.
Return to read more Irish Whiskey News